Tuesday 21 January 2014

Naked 3!

Hello lovelies 

Oh my goodness it's the 21st January and this is my first post of 2014! So we're almost one month in and i'm finally getting around to saying HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Today I've got a post that I have been looking forward to writing for so long. Unless you have been living under a rock you will know that the end of 2013 saw the release of the long awaiting rose gold tinted third addition to the famous Urban Decay Naked palette set.

From the moment I heard about this product it was on my wish list and I am so thankful to my family for gifting it to me at Christmas. Best. Present. Ever. 

I thought I would wait a while before reviewing the shadows though, because who wants to read yet another post when you're in the middle of a hype? Not me. I've given myself time to use the product (and trust me, I've been using it pretty much every day) and to decide if it was worth all the begging (it was).

*Sigh* So beautiful...

OK, starting with the packaging, similarly to Naked 2, it's an embossed, metal container in a beautiful rose tinted shade with gold writing. It's perfect for on the go because it's strong and protective, but also a pain because it's rather big. I personally think the casing is unattractive on the Naked 2 palette in comparison to others but with this one the slight change in colour makes all the difference, besides it's much more secure and sturdy so I wont complain. A four out of five UD. Well done. 

The shadows are set out with the lightest highlighting colour ("Strange") on the left through to the darkest crease colour ("Blackheart") on the right. Every single shade is wearable on any skin tone. Each shadow is equally beautiful and easy to use whether it be on a day to day basis or for a special occasion. 


The shadow of my iPhone slightly ruins this picture but I like it all the same. You can see the how pigmented the shadows are in this image, as with all Urban Decay eyeshadows, particularly the shimmery ones. The matte shades, although less pigmented, have just as much colour pay off and used with any primer lasts all day (to me a full day at college, from leaving at 8am to getting home at 5pm).


All in all this is a great palette for makeup lovers of any age, good for any time of day and as always provides fantastic pigmentation and pay off for hours *when used on top of a primer*. I am absolutely loving using it and I recommend it. My favourite day time combination is 'Nooner' all over the lid, 'Factory' in the crease and 'Burnout' dusted on the top. Do you have this palette? What's your favourite look? Do you have a different opinion? Let me know!

Until next time
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment